Saturday, September 20, 2014

Winne the Pooh - The Complete Collection (A.A. Milne)

Rich says: 

 Book 1:
This book is simple, but unique in its own way. This story is based on 7 stuffed animals and 1 little boy, Christopher Robbin. The boy has many adventures with these 7 animals in the book, going from Pooh trying to outsmart bees, to finding Eeyore's tail. There's Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Eeyore, Owl, Kanga, And Roo. Pooh is a silly bear, and not much for brains, he makes up for it with his appetite. Piglet, (my favorite character!!!) is smart, but is not very brave. Rabbit, he is the grumpy-ish one, but is the smartest of all of them, and pretty brave. Eeyore is sad, and pity's himself a lot, and doesn't really care if he goes on a adventure or not. Owl thinks he is wise, smart, and very resourceful...when he really isn't all that. Kanga is the mother of Roo, and is motherly and easygoing. Roo, (my other favorite character!!!), is oblivious and loves a little adventure. Over all, the first "Winnie-The-Pooh" book is a very cute book. Even though it is a kids book, its still very enjoyable for older kids/adults. I would suggest this book to almost anyone,as it is a great read!

Book 2: 
These two books are amazingly funny, and simple. They now have 8 Characters, the new character being "Tigger", my favorite character. He's bouncy, and doesn't know ANYTHING about himself, besides that he likes Roo's vitamins. This book has the boy, Christopher Robin growing up, and getting ready to be on his own, and these little stuffed animals realizing he's getting too old to play with them anymore. This book, had me, my Dad, and Mom ALL crying at the end. And once we were done reading, Brennan says, "What's so sad?" and we all say he'll understand when he's older. But this book has a lot of really good moments with Pooh and Christopher Robin, and Pooh's game called "Pooh Sticks", and Tigger bragging, and then getting stuck in a tree. They make references to the last book, reminding the readers of what has happened in the past, (Which is a big thing for me, I LOVE that kind of stuff). These books are a great read for anyone, I'm getting to the teen age's and these are awesome books for me. One of my friends told me once I said we were reading these, "But isn't it a kids book?" yeah, it is a kids book, but its great all the same. Great read, and can't wait until we start reading another series! 

Brennan says: 

This book is very good. I like it because the characters work well in a story together and because it's funny.  My favorite character is Eeyore.  My favorite character is Eeyore because Eeyore know what's going on but doesn't at the same time and comes in at the perfect timings and ways.

 This book is about different animals and a human living in a forest together.

I hope you enjoy this book to :).

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/winnie-the-pooh-the-complete-collection-of-stories-and-poems-id-9780416199611.aspx
Click cover to purchase at Better World Books


No comments:

Post a Comment